Say Kids, What time is it??

ok...

That kick needs some attack... The whole mix needs some more low-end, IMO.

Sounds good.. a bit short tho.. Not really my bag.

What time:
I like the reverb...probably more than most might. Even though this is sequenced, the timing seems a tad strange between the hh and the kick....it's on...but lacks a *groove* feeling..if that explains it....it's kinda sterile. I like the music...I agree the kick could thump your chest some more. There is a fair amount of empty space in the tune sometimes too.

Fire:
this song started out better and grabbed my attention quicker. I like the canned drum sounds too. The sounds come in progressively..which is good. It does tend to stay on one note for a while. The melodic riff didn't come in too early too....and you knew it would repeat for some reason. Did you do these in ACID?
where in St. louis are you..?...I grew up in Webster Groves.

Ok, Meshuggah seems to agree in the kick lacking attack, so I changed it and gee! :) it does sound better, thanks you guys for that one!! I don't use monitors for mixing, just regular PC speakers with subwoofer, so I sometimes don't hear that kind of things...

By canned drum you mean the snare pattern in 0:33?? if that's it, yeah!! I love it too! I think it's one of the coolest thing about the song...
The sample repeating all over the song in Fire is my voice recorded with a PC mic and processed in the vocoder by Analogx, besides that, everything was made using Fruity Loops!! The sample causing troubles from the kick was downloaded from samplecity.net, yeah I have a really hard time finding good drum samples....

I live in Chesterfield!!

I don't know what I could do about the "sterile" feeling in the percussion for What time, maybe add some more samples?? I don't want to saturate the mix... I'll try something...

Thanks for everthing!
If anybody knows how can I fix these problems, it will be truly appreciated!!

Back