Saw Remy Shand live - NT1 on fender twin reverb!

Paco

pH meter
So I was watching Remy Shand live at the TLA in Philly last night, and noticed a familiar looking mic pressed up against his guitarist's Fender twin reverb... I went up to the stage after the show, and sure enough, it was an NT1! I was amazed! (I use that for most of my vocals, in stereo w/ a MXL 1006).

If you guys don't know who Remy Shand is, check out remyshand.com -- dude is my new hero and has been a great inspiration for me to crank out a demo in the last few weeks and keep my dream alive, spend tons of money on stuff like krk rokits and hafler ta1600 and spend countless hours trying to learn how to mixdown and stuff. Remy made most of his album in a home studio in the bedroom of the house he grew up in - with his parents in the next room!

He's a throwback to the days of Saturday Night Fever... nothing really fresh or interesting. Interesting discovery though:)

Paco said:
Remy made most of his album in a home studio in the bedroom of the house he grew up in - with his parents in the next room!

Remy did almost everything at home. I met the guy who played saxophone on the CD (the only external musician that's recognized on the CD). He said that Remy is an excellent producer/engineer.

I enjoyed his CD but I think his real success will be with developing other artists with him being a producer. It's probably a great place to be because... hey... the producer ALWAYS gets paid!! :)

He's amazing. He played all his own instruments and basically did everything but master his album!!! Incredible, plus he used a whole ton of prosumer gear (vsr880s, rode mics, roland mixer etc.) Home recording inspiration for sure!

Back