Saving module settings

Kante

I have a computer based studio system and I'm using sound modules with Cubase 5.1. When I record a midi track and save it, the sound settings are not saved with the track when I exit Cubase.

When I return to the track at a later time, I have to reset the settings for the particular sounds that I wanted to save before I exited Cubase.

Any help will be strongly appreciated.

Your module will have a way to do a "SYS EX DUMP" (read the manual!). This will dump all of the parameter settings of the current patch(or performance, or .....) from the MIDI out port. Record this on a separate track, when it's played back into the module the settings will change. If they don't, check that SYS EX is not being filtered out in Cubase and that the module is set to receive it.
Being able to do this is essential to any kind of MIDI work in cubase, you can also save outboard FX settings & info from digital mixers.
Good Luck

module settings

Hey Grovephil!

Thanks for the information. I've been reading the manual, and I came across the information you mentioned. I read this previously but you explained it in less technical terms so the novice can grasp it.

Thanks again.

Back