Saving MC80-ex Songs

Kev Hurst

Hi,

I'm just getting used to the Roland MC80-ex MIDI sequencer.

I'm now able to write/record songs in real-time with good results. However, my problems start when I save my work, as an MC80 Song File, to floppy-disk.

When I re-load the song from the floppy, the instruments/sounds I selected whilst making the recording, with the exception of the drums on track 10, are replaced by the default piano sound. According to the owners manual, if the song is saved as an MC80 Song file, all the components should remain intact.

What am I doing wrong?

Have you ever heard a thumping bass line re-played as a piano. It's classy - but not the effect I'm looking for!

Regards

I'm just getting used to the Roland MC80-ex MIDI sequencer.

I'm now able to write/record songs in real-time with good results. However, my problems start when I save my work, as an MC80 Song File, to floppy-disk.

When I re-load the song from the floppy, the instruments/sounds I selected whilst making the recording, with the exception of the drums on track 10, are replaced by the default piano sound. According to the owners manual, if the song is saved as an MC80 Song file, all the components should remain intact.

What am I doing wrong?

Have you ever heard a thumping bass line re-played as a piano. It's classy - but not the effect I'm looking for!

Back