Saving/loading patches in Full Bucket VST synths - how?

Airlane1979

I love the range of synth plugins so generously provided by Full Bucket Music. I use them in Cubase, but I've not figured out how to properly save & load patches. There isn't a proper file manager in them. This means I must use my DAW's own Save/Load Preset system which - crucially - does not update the patch name on the plugin. This, of course, means that I can't tell which patch I'm playing. It also overwrites the patch in the plugin's own list (but not the name). Confusing?

Someone wiser than me, please explain how to do this right.

Airlane,
You have select/SetUp a folder to Save/Load your files (i.e., not the "factory" files). They are accessed via the [MENU] button, not the textual/dropdown patch display or the numeric ( < xx > ) previos/next window. This is how it works for Full Bucket's Scroo:

(1) Initially, click on the MENU button and select "Default Path for Program Files" to select/SetUp a directory for your patch/program saves. This can be anywhere you want on any of your drives.

(2) Now, when you want to save or load one of your patches/programs, click on the MENU button and select Load Program or Save Program.

I hope your Full Bucket synth works the same way.

Paj
8^)

Airlane,
You have select/SetUp a folder to Save/Load your files (i.e., not the "factory" files). They are accessed via the [MENU] button, not the textual/dropdown patch display or the numeric ( < xx > ) previos/next window. This is how it works for Full Bucket's Scroo:

(1) Initially, click on the MENU button and select "Default Path for Program Files" to select/SetUp a directory for your patch/program saves. This can be anywhere you want on any of your drives.

(2) Now, when you want to save or load one of your patches/programs, click on the MENU button and select Load Program or Save Program.

I hope your Full Bucket synth works the same way.

Paj
8^)
Yes, I see what you mean. But that still leaves the plugin not updating the name in its Program Name box when I select a new patch from Menu>Load Program (even though the new patch has immediately overwritten the patch in the Program Name list) so that it's hard to know which patch I'm playing. This is a confusing method of naming, saving and recalling patches. Most non-FBM plugins include a proper file management system, even the free ones. Compare Full Bucket plugins with, say Surge XT which has a complete patch browsing system that's obvious, simple and comprehensive.

Back