Saving AA session to another drive

twostone

How do you do this? I have a Toshiba laptop with couple of 320 gig external usb hard drives, and I want edit and save all my session files on the external usb hard drives and not the Toshiba internal hard drive.
Thanks

AA is pretty flexible regarding paths but be a little careful.

The simplest way of doing this with existing sessions is simply to move the entire folder to the other drive.

Be a little careful if you only copy it. Because if you copy the folder and open the session on the external drive you will find that AA will open the files explicitly refered to on your laptop drive if they exist. If they don't exist (because you moved them) then AA will look in the current session folder and any subfolders.

I would suggest checking your sessions and their contents with MediaSweeper to verify that you haven't failed to copy an audio file that is located elsewhere other than where you think (ie not in the session folder but refered to in the session).
Its also handy for removing unwanted audio files which are not included in the session.

Its donationware so I don't think that I'll get in trouble for mentioning it :-)

Also think about using SyncToy (its free) to backup your audio projects.

Back