save me from myself...

mitosis

I have limited funds and need a decent kick mic. I'm really tempted to get the CAD KBM412 except I know its pretty bad except it's in the price range (under 100). I also made a subkick with a 8'' speaker but need something more. Should I use the KBM412 in combination with the subkick or maybe use the subkick with a SM57? Thanks a lot.

mitosis said:
I have limited funds and need a decent kick mic. I'm really tempted to get the CAD KBM412 except I know its pretty bad except it's in the price range (under 100). I also made a subkick with a 8'' speaker but need something more. Should I use the KBM412 in combination with the subkick or maybe use the subkick with a SM57? Thanks a lot.

I don't know what it costs, but have you seen the AKG D110? It's a lower priced kick mic that AKG evidently now makes - I saw it at Musicians Friend's website, but I didn't pay attention to the price. I was looking for price on a D3800 for a friend of mine.

Tim

Bass drum Mic

Hello all, newbie here. I have heard the Samson mic's are good for the price. Getting mine soon, but maybe there's somebody here who has them already. A new bass drum mic is about $80, but their 5-packs are about $150 and have a bass, snare, and three tom mic's. Personally I think it's hard to justify spending $80 for one mic when you could get five for less than twice that much. Hope that helps.

I got a used ATM25 for like $70 at GC. Keep your eyes open, watch eBay, get a better mic. You will be happier in the long run.

muddogsrule said:
Hello all, newbie here. I have heard the Samson mic's are good for the price. Getting mine soon, but maybe there's somebody here who has them already. A new bass drum mic is about $80, but their 5-packs are about $150 and have a bass, snare, and three tom mic's. Personally I think it's hard to justify spending $80 for one mic when you could get five for less than twice that much. Hope that helps.

I consider $80 a cheap mic & it all comes down to the quality you're after

I've noticed (here in GB) a few AKG D12s for £140, I missed them both :( :(

personally muddog I don't think I'd even entertain samson among my choices if I was serious about buying mics (even on a budget). I'd look at used gear as the price will probably be less & if it works I aint splashing out for knew

I also noticed an EV RE20 for £250 & they're like £499 knew in da UK

Back