Save File

BriamJH

I feel dumb asking this. When I wish to finish working on a project I hit "Save Project". This works absolutely fine. However, when I hit "Close Project" I get a screen asking for file name etc. I simply "X" out of this and it goes away. However, it is annoying. Is there a simple setting which I must tick to stop this screen popping up every time I hit Close Project. Many thanks, Brian

By the way, I have reverted to Windows 10 and have installed Reaper 6.83 which I prefer. However, I do not think this is the issue !

Closing a project may or may not prompt to save, depending on if it's a newly opened project or changes have been made to an existing project.

This may help in some instances - try this :

Delete Prompt.jpg

If you're in an existing project and make no changes, this setting should eliminate the save prompt(s). If you're in a new project or making changes of any kind while in an existing project, you're going to get some kind of SAVE prompt when closing.

You could also create some custom actions and assign them to a single key or multiple key combinations to 'close/save/whatever's next' so one keystroke does it all when you're done.

Last edited:
Back