Saturday Morning Tattoo.

VOXVENDOR

Mexican/ Latin Style Tune... Did this morning in about 1/2 an hour.

Shitty $75 Acoustic.. Strings aged over a year old.... Recorded through my AT4033 and Davisound Pre...

Listen for the Half Full Coffee Cup being hit with the shaft of a screwdriver.

:D

It's was fun, Thats the only excuse I can come up with..

Joe

Let me know what you think...... Oh, I already know my guitar playing sucks and the song is very repetative..:D

But any other comments would be great

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/rockpop/voxvendor/singles

SuxKnot!! That was real cool sounding and recorded primo. You could slip in a single violin on the 2nd 1/2 and let it dance around with the guitar for a bit, and then let the whole thing be a prelude to a big massive piece with thunderous beginning.
ok, ok, I did get off on it, so excuse the liberties I was yappin. But I think it was vEry cool.

Hehhee...that was fun to listen to. Cheap guitar or not it has an interesting sound that would definintely be good for some songs. I loved the coffee cup & screwdriver sound :D:D

Cool...good recording....

needs bass and drums....not strings.....

I wouldn't call it Latin either....but still spicy and upbeat...

and you play good man.....not bad at all...

Cool....

this sounds like the Vox, MTV unplugged.

very "raw" in its present form, but I can clearly hear your production stuff easily fitting on top of this.

I agree....cheap gtrs can fit in sometimes. All the time....welllll.... But it worked in this case. It added to the "flavour" of the tune..

ha aha ha!!..

;)

Cool little ditty Vox.I like the other short clip you uploaded also...it has the makings of a full blown pop/rock song.

Thanks for listening guys!!!!!! Much appreciated!!!!...

Maybe I can join Los Lobos with this one... hehe:D

Yeah, it's a good idea for a song - I really like the shift after the 1.00 mark. Try less than 3 hits on the metal thing at the pause at 1.30 - see if one hit sounds better.

Got any words? You've already got a magic title. Is this the tatoo that you wake up to on Saturday morning, the one you drunkenly had done the evening before?

Actually.. I was picking at a little pimple next to one of my tattoos when I picked the name of the song, and I did the song this morning (Saturday Morning)

Sort of a boring story.

LOL

Yeah man! I dig the whole thing and all the elements. The cheap guitar has a good personality and it plays in tune too! The coffee cup/screwdriver thing is really good as a percussion instrument--kudos for being inventive there. I have a 4033 too, so this gives me a good idea about the Davisound pre. It really impresses me on the transients of the coffee cup--pretty darn clean and pure sounding.

If you were gonna add to this, I say screw the trad approach of bass and drums and find a few more real off the wall things to play instead! You have this experimental vibe going--might as well go down that road cause its working!

I agree with Crawdad. Start looking around the house for weird stuff to create a percussion track. One of my favorites is the sound of clapping two cassette tapes together (in the cases).

Twist

hehe, liked the ending..."UH":D . Heck i've heard 3k martins that didn't sound as good as that 75dolla geetar. Had a good vibe, are you going to do something with this?

Sounds pretty damn cool. Especially for a quick one. I haven't done any household item tapping in a while. I liked the screwdriver/cup. Thanks for sharing!

Voxvendor,
Hey that was cool!!
I just heard it late sunday afternoon. I'll add some stuff-prolly tomorrow.
Tell me what ya'll think.
T

Great tune Voxvendor!

I did pick up on the Mexican/Latin style there. You've got a really clean mix, and the cheap quitar sounded like $75 Grand. :)
I loved the part at aprox. 1.00 where the tempo slowed down, and the 1-2-3 tap on the coffee cup solo ;)

Very enjoyable! Cha Cha Cha Cha Cha Uh. :cool:

Back