Santeria...Round two!

danny83

My rendition of Santeria by Sublime. Had to change some notes around to fit my range. I'm still workin on my full voice.....

I appreciate any feedback good or bad.

Thanks in advance! :)

wow. pretty nice. the unsquashed vocals give it a nice dynamic range. well played and sounds good. the only thing id change - for my ears anyway - is the tone of the rhythm and lead guitars. they sound a bit 'muffled' for my own personal taste. id like them a bit 'brighter' so you can hear the actual strumming a little clearer, but thats just me. overall id say you did very well. im gonna play it for my old lady. she loves that song. :)

Listening on headphones....

The guitars are a bit low for my taste. Once they are up a bit I could comment on the tone a bit more.

Vocals are good, especially considering the range this song extends through.

Good job......

:) :D :) :D

Thanks for taking the time to listen and post guys. It's great how much help you can get from the people who actually take the time to listen with a critical ear and give you feedback! Thanks again :-)

Nice voice man....really shines. I think the guitar could be louder to fill teh song out, but the voice is excellent man....

Dogman said:
Nice voice man....really shines. I think the guitar could be louder to fill teh song out, but the voice is excellent man....

Hi Dogman,

I actually re-mixed the song last night with your suggestion in mind. I brought the guitar levels up and added a little chorus effect to them. I put just a tad more compression on the vocals and definitely think it 'fills the song out'.

Thanks for the feedback!

Back