SansAmp GT2 versus Behringer V-Amp 2

nyaben

Have Roland Amp Sims via my 1680. I think one or the other of these would provide better sounds. Can't afford the POD for now. Advice?

One man's opinion...

I have a BR-1600 recorder and discovered when you use several inputs at once, you can't use the internal guitar sounds. I already had the SansAmp, but I ended up getting a V-Amp 2 for when buddies come over to jam. Generally, I've been plugging in the Behrenger, and my buddies use the Sansamp. Although I really like many of the tones you can pull from the V-Amp (with patience), I'm constantly amazed at how organic sounding the SansAmp is during playback. It just sits so nicely in any mix we do.

It may not have bells and whistles up the wazoo, but it sounds killer.

Distortion is such a personal thing, though. I suggest you plop down in a music store that carries the both of them.

Hope this helps.

Blooby

The Sansamp is way better IMO, not as fizzy transistory and can actually be used for serious business.

yeah, I'll have to put my vote in for the SansAmp as well. I have owned a Behringer V amp for about a year and a half and it recently just stopped working out of the blue. I bought it so that I could plug my headphones in and play my guitar late at night without getting kicked out of my apartment. The sad thing with Behringer is that the stuff they put out sounds really good out of the box (for the most part) but it is made from low grade crap and thus is prone to failure. Tech 21 (SansAmp) makes good quality stuff that sounds good and will last awhile.

Back