Samson Tom Mics?

o0Charlie0o

I was looking into tom mics and noticed that samson has a pack for 3 tom mics for 130 or so and was wondering if the mic's are no good.

I've never really had any good experiences with cheaper equipment, so i'm turning to all of you!

Let me know! Thanks
Charlie

Don't feel bad. I don't think anyone here has much experience with Samson mics. I posted a question about Samson Kick Drum mics a few weeks ago and got only one response stating that he didn't really know.
Samson doesn't have a good reputation for mics (could be deserved, I don't know, never used them) and the word is out on them. I'm sure that most people here have avoided them due to their track record. Who knows? They could actually be producing good mics now (maybe not) but to find out for sure, you'll probably have to be the first "Guinea Pig". I had heard from an ureliable source that the Samson Q3 was a good kick mic and I wanted to check it out. They stock these items at a Sam Ash nearby to me and I went there with my ATM25 in hand to see if I could do a side by side test , but they wouldn't allow it. To be fair to Samson,they wouldn't allow it with any of the mics they stocked (they don't use floor models, some policy of their's)

So, the answer to your question is: I don't know. You'll probably have to ask elsewhere or find out for yourself after spending the money. Sorry.

Alright well then i guess i'll just get some normal tom mics for much more money. I'm sure i can rely on them a lot more anyways.

(I can't afford to be the guinea pig right now)

Back