Samson Resolv 80a vs maudio bx8s... please help !!

lbcstudios

ahhhh heres my story... ok.. well i had the post on this forumn about the " quick question about the m-audio bx8s.."

i planned on gettin these.. i have read good reviews on this forumn about them, massive master and other said they loved these monitors...

i am not buying the monitors.. some guy i know gets a discount at a local store.. so im gonna pay him before he goes by himself.. i told him i wanted teh maudio bx8s.. he called the place to make sure trhey had em.. the guy said they dont carry them anymore because they didnt sonud good????!!!!???? my friend trusts this guy.. he says he know his shit.. so now im like.. wtf... the guy at store recommended the Samson Resolv 80a .. he said they are alot better.. and are comparable to monitors more expensive...

does anyone have any expereince with the Samson Resolv 80a ??? they are cheaper than the bx8s.. PLEASE respond.. because my friends band is going on tour soon.. and i would like the discount.. thanks .. please help !!

I have the samson resolv 65as i woulda bought the 80as if i had the extra money but i didnt. i did try the bx8s the other day at the music store here while i was looking for a bigger mixer. i liked both...i dont think you'll be dissapointed with either. but since the resolvs seem to get you the best discount....i say go for it. speaking of which......I need to send my mom a list of things i'd like for my birthday....on that list will probably be the resolv 80s or the samson resolv subwoofer....now that would get my neighbors to form a coalition to kick me out.

Honestly, check out the KRK Rockit 8's if you can. I heard them just yesterday. I was blown away.

I have not heard the BX8s or the Resolvs.. I can't compare them. I did hear the KRKs along with some Event 20/20s and some Mackie HR824s. The KRKs held their own, alot better than the 20/20s in my brief listening opinion.

If you can.. listen to them.

You probably won't go wrong with either, you generally get what you pay for and I'm sure they both have their strengths and weaknesses.

But one thing to keep in mind is that just because monitors sound bad to some people doesn't mean they are bad, you want monitors to be accurate, which sometimes means they may sound bad. Hell, I hear everyone say NS-10's sound like crap, but I'd bet thousands (in not millions) of great albums have been mixed on them, including my favorite.

4 man is right....even superman gets screwed by kryptonite.........hey i made a rhyme!!!! i could be a rapper!

anyways our opinions are only one piece of the puzzle...your ears will tell you what sounds good and your wallet will tell you whats affordable.....find a good balance between those two

Back