Samson CO3 mic. anybody ever use these?

twostone

Just curious? don't have much money seems to be a good deal for a cheap mic for just doing bedroom recordings, Just wanted to know would it work for a room mic. on guitar or drums and also vocal mic. opinion's and input appreciated Thanks

You know how someone always recommends to use the search function for these queries? I decided to try what I usually advise to see if it would actually work. I came up with the consensus that the C03 is very noisy, has no low end, generally sounds tinny, and is usually one of the first things replaced. Instant knowledge!!! I LOVE this BBS. You can sit and read everything here and be an expert without ever once pushing record...

I already use a Sansom CO3 (borrowed of a friend) some years ago with a male singer on two rock/pop songs.
Recorded on a very small space (~ 3 X 7 ) and had aceptable results, to be honest. As DANIEL saids, has no low end but on other side I felt (at least on this record) no sibilance issues , so common on cheap mics (as behringer B1 or some MXL, for example).

On this price range, for the (very low) price, this CO3 seems a good choice, but ...that´s a "hissy" mic (take care if you will record a lot of tracks...)

Ciro

Last edited:
Thanks guys so this would work great for a cymbal mic since it"s tinny and hissy I wouldn't expect that much from it because of the price, just my budget is real small and I need something to get me by for now. BTW I tried the search and didn't come up with anything I could use as a reference so that's why I post but again I appreciate your input. :cool:

Back