Samson C03 vs C01 vs Blue Yeti

Benking34

Hello everyone!

Here's the deal, I bought about a year ago the Blue Snowball, and I'm not impressed with it's quality so much like other people do.

So I have this question, which microphone will be the best for gaming commentary?

I narrowed my choices to 3 microphones:

Blue Yeti
Samson C03
Samson C01

And for the Audio Interface I will use the M-Audio Fast Track.

Thanks for the help!

Moresound sums up my opinion too.

What don't you like about the Blue Snowball because, although the Yeti would be an improvement, the Snowball is better than either of the Samsons you mention.

Maybe the Yeti would help--but maybe there' some sort of change in technique/positioning that could be tried first.

My Blue Snowball is located in front of me, in that position it's great but not comfortable, I can't see some of my keyboard because of that.

Therefore I place it to my left, and then it's quiet.

I saw a lot of people complain about the gain of the Snowball after I bought it.

I'm trying to avoid buying an USB microphone, you can say it may be because of the reliability of them.

You're going to have a similar problem with most mics--the Snowball isn't particularly bad in terms of sensitivity.

Try mounting the mic upside down on your boom arm and position it slightly above and to the side but with the diaphragm pointing straight at your mouth--you can probably get it within a few inches of your mouth without obstructing your view. Hopefully that will sort things out--but, if not, you might consider any one of several Small Diaphragm Condensers--pretty common in radio studios specifically for the small footprint.

It's hard for me to recommend specifics because I'm in Australia so my sources will be different from yours (assuming you're in the USA).

However, my advice would be to buy a whole floor stand with boom arm, thereby getting the whole rig out of your way. I just had a quick look on eBay and Amazon and there's tons of choice for you in the $15-$30 range. For light use that should be fine.

If you're ready/willing to spend a bit more on quality, have a look at K&M brand. More money but they'll last forever and you can replace any individual parts.

Ok great, thanks for the help, I'll try the method you suggested me along with the Blue Snowball, if I will have any more problems I'll ask thanks!

Sounds good...and the stand/boom will be money well spent even if you eventually go for a mic change. Getting the mic stand off a crowded desk is always useful when you're trying to coordinate keyboards, monitors, etc.

Back