Samson C02's

layneness

I have a matched pair of Samson C02's that I got 3 years ago, well before I had any insight into actually researching mics and getting good sounds. I mainly use them for overheads but also sometimes use them for acoustic guitars.

How do they match up? maybe compared to MXL 604's or C1000's, or other mics in that realm. I really don't know a lot about them, and I haven't read all that much about them here, I just know they're super cheap and they sound like trash.

I bought the Samson 7-kit and I sold it two weeks later. I hated it, every mike of it, but the C02 were the most decent. With that money I got a pair of Behringers' C2 and B2-Pro. Totally satisfied with them. I still feel like I ripped off the music store guy.

I have two pairs of CO2's and have compared them to the old AKG C451/CK1's and Neumann KM184's.

IMHO they're the best SDC's you can buy for that money, a tad more harsh than the 451 but pretty close. They are more rejective and have a pretty nice OAR.

Needless to say that the KM184 sounds significantly better but hey, how many CO2's can yu buy for the price of a single KM184?

Back