Samson c01

msblaze

would this be could if i one between 2 rack toms? i play punk, so i want the toms kinda punchy but suddle? will this do that? and also what kind of pre would i need cause my mixer say it has 48+v phantom power...mixer is a eurorack mx 802a

Not really sure what you mean on this thread, but i think you are asking if the samson c1 will do for miking toms. Am i right? If so then, my personal opinion on the c1 is not very high, im not a fan of it, An audio technica 2020 might be better or an mxl 2003 as far as budget mics go. I would be more drawn towards a dynamic mic maybe a beyer M422, which in my opinion is a great all round drum mic. Not sure what you mean by you want the drums punchy but Suddle?? Do you mean subtle? If so its kind of a contradiction in terms Almost like an oxymoron, Use compresion to get the punchy sound as well as mic technique, but subtle, well you could then back off the toms in the mix. Any pre amp with phantom power will do for a condenser, if it say you have 48+ v then you have it on your mixer...that will do it.

thanx alot fish, and yeh sorry i was a bit confusing in my post, can't spell haha ;] thanx alot for you help, but i do like deeper toms...

No probs man! You should be able to do fine with any mic really. If you want it to be kinda lo fi and punky then sometimes a shitter mic is good. Im certainly not knocking the c1, i really do think in your situation a dynamic will work well.

Back