Samplitude Auto Crossfade ??

Raw-Tracks

It's been a while since I've had to master a CD. In the past, I've always used Samplitude for mastering. I love the way it's laid out for mastering. Anyway, it seems to me, that in the past when I positioned the individual stereo WAV files on a single track in the timeline, I could overlap them them and a crossfade would be created automatically. It's not happening for me any longer. There is a button on the toolbar to enable Auto Crossfade, however it does not seem to help this situation. I know I can select a crossfade region and apply adn subsequently edit my crossfade, but I want crossfades to come up automatically when I overlap 2 objects.

Anyone have any idea what I need to do to re-activate this feature?

I'm not positve, but bring up the Object Editor, set the crossfade options the way you want, click on the Crossfade Menu button and select Set Global Crossfade

You have to pull the crossfade most of the time - I'm not sure exactly what dictates the crossfade being completed automatically vs. dragging it, but 90% of the time I have to drag it. It *still* has to be enabled (or you'll be dragging the whole object around instead of just the crossfade).

I hate to say that the manual isn't a big help in this case, either.

Thanks for the replies. I know I'm not crazy, I used to be able to jsut overlap the objects and the crossfade would happen. Oh well, if I can't figure it out, manually isn't too bad.

John, you're right abou the manual. I looked in the help index and it mention something about a setting in the "Context Menu". That must be some sort of mistake, I don't think there is a "Context Menu".

Thanks again !

Massive Master said:
You have to pull the crossfade most of the time - I'm not sure exactly what dictates the crossfade being completed automatically vs. dragging it, but 90% of the time I have to drag it. It *still* has to be enabled (or you'll be dragging the whole object around instead of just the crossfade).

I hate to say that the manual isn't a big help in this case, either.
He's asking how to set the default Crossfade length.

Back