Sampling...?

simoneau10

k so everybody uses turntables for sampling mpc etc.
on fl studio it has a sampler, can u use cds or do u need a turntable and some vynal?

Main tool-chain in my lab (unless I'm working strictly in the box):

Old Vinyl > Numark Turntable > Rolls Phono Preamp > M-Audio Firewire 410 > Audacity WAV editor (sample whittling) > Propellerhead Recycle > Propellerhead Reason V3 > Audacity WAV editor (amateur mastering)

FL definitely has the ability to load WAV files.. I'm not familiar with a sampling tool inside of FL for capturing sounds from input. In any case, I think you'd be better suited by: recording from an input of your choice, or loading a file of your choice into Audacity > trimming > saving as a loop or hit > loading it in FL > sequencing that sound inside FL

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

My set up is pretty basic.

Records > Technic 1210 > Amp or Mixer depends on if I've been djing or not > Akai MPC.

I have been meaning to get a decicated phono preamp for some time now so I can start archiving some of my collection.

I use mp3's and records when I sample and most of the time you cant tell the difference....

I record my records in Adobe audition then use FL slicer to chop up my cuts and sequence.......(instant mapping if you know what you doin :cool: )

or I load a mp3 that I downloaded or got from some old head CD collection and the same thing....

Tho I would like to get my hands on a MPC.....

Back