Sampling

Editor

OK, I'm well on the way to completing my album, tentatively titled ...

Musical Masturbation -- Me PLayin' With Myself :-)

... but I haven't got a bass guitar so I am trying to make up a sample I can feed into Fruity Loops. So far, I have found a good fretless tone that rings out for about 2 seconds. When I put this into a sequence using different length notes, it, indeed, plays on for too long (I was hoping that the note would be staccato-like for short notes and have the nice watery ending on long ones).

What can I do to make it sound true?

(bass players: don't throw things at me please :-)

Editor said:
OK, I'm well on the way to completing my album, tentatively titled ...

Musical Masturbation -- Me PLayin' With Myself :-)

... but I haven't got a bass guitar so I am trying to make up a sample I can feed into Fruity Loops. So far, I have found a good fretless tone that rings out for about 2 seconds. When I put this into a sequence using different length notes, it, indeed, plays on for too long (I was hoping that the note would be staccato-like for short notes and have the nice watery ending on long ones).

What can I do to make it sound true?

(bass players: don't throw things at me please :-)

can you edit the samples? If so you should be able to perform some sort of "time slice" operation, shortening the duration but not increasing the tone.

I don't know much about fruity loops at all. But maybe you need to create several samples for each note duration you're trying to achieve.

Back