Sampling Rate Conversion

RobbieL

mr. president
Not really a newbie per-se but I find I get answers more quickly in this thread.

I have equipped my year-old Dell laptop with an M-Audio MobilePre 1st gen., a Frontier AlphaTrack control surface, and SONAR X1 Producer edition so I can mix my projects while I'm at college. The problem is that the MobilePre has a max. sample rate of 48khz and I record at 96khz. I know how to export individual audio tracks in lower sample rates but is there a way in SONAR that I can convert the sample rate of ALL the tracks in a project simultaneously?

The Mobile Pre's max sampling rate only applies to audio going through its inputs and outputs. In DAWs I work with I can set the project's output to whatever I want for monitoring purposes regardless of the sample rate of the tracks themselves. I can bounce.render/export the mix to whatever I want independently of either the project or track sample rates. You shouldn't have to downsample all the tracks to use the Mobile Pre unless there's something seriously lacking about Sonar.

Apparently there is something lacking about it. Whenever I played audio at 96k with the output rate at 48k, I got a "failed to open audio file" error. However that crisis has since been averted now that I've found out that the sound card on my Dell can actually handle DAW work AND goes up to 192k. :)

Thanks for your help, though.

Back