Sampler?

andydeedpoll

i do love smilies...
hullo!

just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on a cheap(ish) sampler for live use? the Boss SP-303 looks like it's right up my street, but i can't find any used right now (i have a friend who has one who i might try and convince to sell ... )

can anyone think of anything else of that kidney that might be good? i'm wanting to use it for some wooshy background sounds that i can trigger if/when i want during a piece of visual art i'm involved in. i like how you can assign different sounds to different buttons and things (i've had a little play, but nothing very extensive.)

my other option is using my laptop (which i was thinking about using anyway for some soft synths and live keyboard/piano/rhodes parts) - but i don't really want to be sat clicking away on the mouse. i'd be using cubase LE as the sequencer - can anyone think of a good way that i could have different samples at the click of a button (either on the computer keyboard or on maybe some sort of midi controller) that i could use alongside my CME UF5 ... (very tempted by a UF7 i've seen cheap, hehe....)

thanks.

Andrew.

Back