sample sounds

ManInMotion711

Im incredibly new to ableton. Im useing Ableton live intro 8. Im curious on how i import external sample sounds like a kick drum or snare drum ETC into my library in order to use them? Any help is beyond appreciated. Also im on a HP pavillion laptop.

Im incredibly new to ableton. Im useing Ableton live intro 8. Im curious on how i import external sample sounds like a kick drum or snare drum ETC into my library in order to use them? Any help is beyond appreciated. Also im on a HP pavillion laptop.

Actually, there are several different ways. Using intro, you probably have a limited set of tools. But the easiest way is to simply drop the sample into a track, drop it where you want it to hit. Copy/past where you want it to hit.

You can loop it, get the loop to sit the way you want it and drag the loop across and it will hit every time the loop starts again. If you had the full version, you could create a kit, and have the sample to hit with MIDI signal. This is the preferred method and the most flexible.

Looping in Ableton can be very complex since it has the tools for sampler, looping, MIDI mapping, really, it is one of the powerful features of Ableton.

Is there any way i can take a live sound like "my" personal kick sound or snare sound and save it and than have it show up on the library like the midi instruments would?

With the full version you can create your own drum kit. Map it to pads or what not and have it driven like you would easy drummer, what ever drum kit. You can even add other sounds to your drum kit, like a kettle hit you record in place of a bell, or what ever. You can even turn your drum sound to an instrument, so many things you can do, really too many. Creating sounds could consume so much time you wouldn't make music. But short answer, yes but I do not think with the intro.

I know the suite has everything and comes with Max for Live. Another crazy tool that allows you to custom build and program instruments.

Back