Same song, new mix

Aren

Hi,

This is a new mix of Walking On Broken Glass. We added a bass line, and changed the mix to fit your and other's comments.
I'm really getting sick of this song, and wish we would have chosen a different one for this contest, but... whatever...

Any opinions, as brutal as possible, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Oren

Aron my friend, the drums are just too weak for a pop tune. There should be more ass, ya know what I mean? The cymbal crashs are there but the kick and snare should punch through the mix in a tune like this. Just my humble opinion.

Track Rat -

You're opinion is identical to my own, and everybody elses, but unfortunately, I did not have 4 seperate drum tracks. It was mixed on the fly (I don't have a drum set here, and we had to do a location recording, in a disgusting room with nothing but headphones as monitors), so I can't really do anything about it. If the drummer would have the time, I'd re-record the drums altogether, maybe even change the beat during the chorus, but it doesn't seem likely at this point, unfortunately.

Thanks for the listen.

Oren

Something you could do if you want to take the time is to hand place kick and snare samples through the tune on top of the existing drums tracks. It's tedius work but I've done it many times to try and salvage drum tracks.

I'll second the drum sample recomendation. It would probably sound cool with the lo-fi drums in the background.

Finishing a piece when you are so sick of it you never want to hear it again is the real trick. You've come this far so dont give up now.

Back