Saldano?

Guitard

Is $600 a reasonable price for a Saldano Superlead 60 Series II? I may be going to look at it tomorrow.

I'am looking for a metal amp, and I think this could be what I'm looking for. I may not even have to pay cash for it, I have a pile of stuff to trade towards it. The sucky part is, I won't be able to buy a cab for a couple of weeks

hello Guitard,

i really love the Soldano sound. i feel you're on target with Metal with the correct choice of Pickups and Speakers.

be sure to be as picky with the cabinet and speaker selection and pickups as you've been with the Amp head.:)

regards,
-kp-

I decided on buying it. I traded in $545 worth of unwanted gear, only had to put up $55 out of pocket.

Now that I had the head I just couldn't leave without having something to play it through. I ended up buyng a Marshall 4x10 because the cheap Peavey 4x12 wouldn't fit in my buddie's car. I plan on trading it up to a 4x12 sometime soon. I want to check out the Peavey 5150 cabs.

I jammed on it for a few hours last night, it sounds fuckin awesome. I still haven't exercised the output tubes yet. I need an attenuator so I can keep those tubes glowing.

"be sure to be as picky with the cabinet and speaker selection and pickups as you've been with the Amp head. "

Sonixx,

you have it all wrong dude...the fine art of selecting a cabinet and speakers does not, as one might think, involve the careful inspection and calculations of data, precise listening tests, and careful review of professional opinions on the product....its all about what will fit in your buddies car.....get on the program, Sonixxxxxxxxx.......

BTW,

if I had a choice between the Peavey 4x12 and the Marshall 4x10, I woulda got the Marshall, so good choice...I rather the sound of a 4x12...but it depends on the sound you are after.....

I didn't think I was going to get as much as I did with the gear that I traded in. I was able to buy the cab without going over the money I had intended on spending on electronical goodies. The 4x10 is just a short timer until I got the money to go shopping for a 4x12 and made a new friend with a larger vehicle.

hey gidge,

since my ampeg v4 cabinet would fit in the backseat of my VW, i guess i thought all 4x12 cabs would fit.

my mistake...

:)

Back