Saffire 6

ste20man

Hi.

I am wondering about my Saffire 6.

I would like to have a second set of monitors(cheap PC ones) as a different viewpoint from my Rokit KRK 5's.

Being new to this, I don't know how and where I should plug my PC speakers in, and how to use the Saffire 6 to send the music to the PC speakers.

I'm not sure what to press or turn on the Saffire 6.

Here is the .pdf below:

Saffire 6 USB Audio Interfaces - 2 IN / 4 OUT USB audio interface featuring two Focusrite preamps

If someone who knows what they are doing could take the time to check the .pdf out I'd be really grateful. I'm not having much luck here at the moment. I'd really appreciate your time, cheers, Ste. :guitar:

Your best bet for using multiple monitors, is to get a monitor controller. Like a Mackie Big Knob, or Presonus Central Station. On the cheap, Behri has one too. You would connect such a unit to a line out of your Saffire. Preferably the 1/4" balanced outs. For connecting a set of computer speakers, your best bet is to connect them from a headphone output with a 1/4" stereo to 18" stereo adapter. At least that is the route I take with my 'Big Knob'.

Hi.

I am wondering about my Saffire 6.

I would like to have a second set of monitors(cheap PC ones) as a different viewpoint from my Rokit KRK 5's.

Being new to this, I don't know how and where I should plug my PC speakers in, and how to use the Saffire 6 to send the music to the PC speakers.

I'm not sure what to press or turn on the Saffire 6.

Here is the .pdf below:

Saffire 6 USB Audio Interfaces - 2 IN / 4 OUT USB audio interface featuring two Focusrite preamps

If someone who knows what they are doing could take the time to check the .pdf out I'd be really grateful. I'm not having much luck here at the moment. I'd really appreciate your time, cheers, Ste. :guitar:

I have read the manual and Saffire 6 does offer two sets of outputs. You can connect output 1/2 to your KRK 5 and output 3/4 to your PC speakers. It is just a matter of using appropriate adapters and connectors to fit with the PC speakers, etc.

I have read the manual and Saffire 6 does offer two sets of outputs. You can connect output 1/2 to your KRK 5 and output 3/4 to your PC speakers. It is just a matter of using appropriate adapters and connectors to fit with the PC speakers, etc.

Very true. Or just use the headphone output.

get and adapter hook second set of monitors to output 3/4
switch stereo out on master of your DAW to 3/4 or 1/2 to change with a mouse click.

Back