sad little something

cool, short, needs some lyrics, but it does set a nice mood. i assume this is not fully edited... but it's a nice base to write a song off... RAP BEAT!! yes! make it into a rap! that would be cool... emo rap.... sorry just ignore the rap part..

Nice sounds. Really like the acoustic. Should turn out to be a coolsong when done. :cool:

That was a nice little diddy. I think if you perhaps panned the lead a bit more to right or center, you would have this wonderful sound to create all around. Like encircling it with a frame....but that is all a matter of taste. ;)

By the way, what did you use to get the tone on the main guitar?

Good stuff. :)

cheers guys.
the main guitar is a 1970's erko with massive top recorded with a sdc neumann. i added a touch of stereo chorus. no eq.
the other guitar is a '68 short scale aria electric in nashville tuning through a valve junior - recorded with a sm57.

well ... you guys convinced me to turn it in to a 'real' song ;)

the problem is ... a singer!

there was this girl with a really good voice - she did 'la prix de la joie', also on sounclick - who was going to do a number of vocals for me. unfortunatly (for classified reasons) she doesn't want speak to me anymore - let alone sing :D

and there's this guy who currently sings with an iron maiden cover band (don't u just love the 8ties) and has a really really good voice but he can't be kept sober for long enough. he also has a reputation for puking on microphones. :eek:

i'm not 'in' the right circles so i don't meet a lot of pop/rock musicians/singers. until 3-4 years ago i just did noise/soundscapes/experimental stuff (i still do btw -tbttbc for who cares.) most of the artists i know are NOT INTERESTED in pop/rock. (i for myself don't differ between genres anymore - there's just one music)

but i've already started working on it none the less.

Last edited:
faderbug said:
well ... you guys convinced me to turn it in to a 'real' song ;)

the problem is ... a singer!

there was this girl with a really good voice - she did 'la prix de la joie', also on sounclick - who was going to do a number of vocals for me. unfortunatly (for classified reasons) she doesn't want speak to me anymore - let alone sing :D
Why does it need a singer? I think it's very cool; it's a lot like some interludes you hear on a Peter Frampton album...

Pretty cool. Dig the acoustic. Sounds pretty big. The synth drums or rhythem thing in the back could probably be done without. Just make it all guitar...

If you need a singer, I'm decent and wouldn't mind singing on an acoustic track. I can do harmonies and such, and sing in key... most of the time LOL...

faderbug said:
cheers guys.
the main guitar is a 1970's erko with massive top recorded with a sdc neumann. i added a touch of stereo chorus. no eq.
the other guitar is a '68 short scale aria electric in nashville tuning through a valve junior - recorded with a sm57.
Thanks faderbug. :)

Did you mean EKO guitar? Italian made?

Nice piece - Llarion has a point - maybe it doesn't need vocals. It certainly stands up well on its own as an instrumental. Monkeymanx has the pipes though so a collab would be cool if you got together....And by sad I think the other poster meant mellow not bad....

Very nice piece of work.....

Nashville tuning eh - cool....don't hear that enough.....

:) :D :) :D

Nice piece - Llarion has a point - maybe it doesn't need vocals. It certainly stands up well on its own as an instrumental. Monkeymanx has the pipes though so a collab would be cool if you got together....And by sad I think the other poster meant mellow not bad....

Very nice piece of work.....

Nashville tuning eh - cool....don't hear that enough.....

:) :D :) :D

true-eurt said:
Thanks faderbug. :)

Did you mean EKO guitar? Italian made?

nope. it's a german guitar. on the label that used to be inside the guitar it says 'erko' and on the trussrod cover 'K'.

here's a pic of the guitars i used.

Attachments

• IMAG0073.JPG
    IMAG0073.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 31
A t m o s p h e r i c... W e l l . a r r a n g e d... I ' d . c u t . t h e . l o w . r h y t h m . g t r . a . c o u p l e . d B s . a r o u n d . 2 5 0 H z.

TL, good pick up! i checked the accoustics track and there was an EQ boosting everything below 400 Hz with 5 Db!
without me knowing!!!
goddamned!
:rolleyes:

Back