S/PDIF Converter?

BlindCowboy

Can anyone suggest a decent A - D convertor? Nothing fancy, just reasonably priced. I've been looking at the Art DI/O, but would like something cheaper, if I can get my hands on it.

Analog to S/PDIF coaxial(RCA). No frills.

Oh yeah... Seeing as just a "nice" one can cost well over $1000...

The lowest (stereo) one on the rung that I would suggest is M-Audio's Flying Cow. It's actually quite a good unit for the most part. And for the measly $350 or whatever it costs, it's a bargain.

Otherwise, it fits the criterion well - No frills.

chessrock said:
Wow, you really are cheap. :D

I don't need it for anything critical. In fact, just the opposite. Ergo, I wanted to know if there was a dirt cheap unit out there.

Hence, why I listed the Art DI/O (Full Compass $125.00). So that somebody could go, "Oh yea, there's _____ for $50 bucks. It's crap, but it'll do the job at 16 / 44.1 or whatever."

I know what the decent units are, and how much they cost. MM, there's also the Flying Calf in two versions. A>D and D>A. But, as above, the Art DI/O is cheaper than either the Calf or the Cow, and i'm wondering if there's anything cheaper than the Art DI/O. Thanks for the info though.

BlindCowboy said:
i'm wondering if there's anything cheaper than the Art DI/O.

You might check and see if Behringer makes something. That's probably your best bet. If Behringer doesn't make anything cheaper, then chances are no one does. Normally, I'm not one to recommend their products, but you did say that quality wasn't important to you.

Back