running snares

pcp

does anyone know how to do those infamous snare drops ala Mannie Fresh and just about every other modern producer on Reason? I've tried every way i can think of and I just have never been able to get the sound i want.

Can you post or link me to an example of what your talking about?
I think i might be able to help if your talking about what i think you are.

yea i had a feeling nobody would know what im talking about...just check out that jeezy and mannie fresh song, i cant remember what its called but the big single. at the beginning he has a really long snare roll and one with the kicks too. he does it in just about every beat.

it seems like that link you posted to the other thread was the response i was expecting. i dont really want my beats to be at a 120 bpm tempo and its next to impossible to try to hit the keys on a keyboard that fast and move the pitch wheel at the same time. ive tried using redrum many times and it just doesnt seem to give me quite the sound im looking for. i guess ill have to just keep playing with it. if anyone else has any suggestions please let me know. one

My homeboy from georgia sets his tempo for the 16th note... So like, his tempo is set to 400bpm but the song he's creating is actually only 100bpm. That way, he get's his snare rolls and all that much faster... But, he uses an MPC so he only has to hold down a button to get the snare rolls..lol..

yea exactly i can see how its easy when you just have to hold down pads to trigger the sounds its a little more complicated on reason.

pcp said:
yea i had a feeling nobody would know what im talking about...just check out that jeezy and mannie fresh song, i cant remember what its called but the big single. at the beginning he has a really long snare roll and one with the kicks too. he does it in just about every beat.

it seems like that link you posted to the other thread was the response i was expecting. i dont really want my beats to be at a 120 bpm tempo and its next to impossible to try to hit the keys on a keyboard that fast and move the pitch wheel at the same time. ive tried using redrum many times and it just doesnt seem to give me quite the sound im looking for. i guess ill have to just keep playing with it. if anyone else has any suggestions please let me know. one

check out that link i posted. I know exactly what you are talking about. trust me the info that's provided in there is right on point.

Back