running dual monitors

peter miller

I've already got a graphics card ,I 've been told i can buy another pci graphics card and run 2 just as if i had a dual head video card?
Anyone tried this?

Id like to do it but im too damn cheap, but ive played on systems that have it and it rocks.....with so many things going on while you are multitracking (mixer,meters,time clock,etc.)its nice to be able to split it between screens.......

It is supported by Win98 and up, and works in general very nice.
There has been one time that I didn't get it to work but that was when I used an ancient pci videocard (A Trident 9660 from 1995).
It puts a bit of a higher load on the PC (noticable on older systems).

Now I have a Matrox G400 dualhead AGP card which is basically two separate videocards on one board. Works like a dream.

I just hooked up dual monitors last night, and it rocks! But, I get a horizontal line that moves up the screen, on both monitors. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? It's kinda annoying.

mada said:
I just hooked up dual monitors last night, and it rocks! But, I get a horizontal line that moves up the screen, on both monitors. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? It's kinda annoying.

Its because the different refresh rates are interferring with each other.

You need to keep both monitors running at the same refresh rate.

thanks guys i'll look into it.
I actually saw the marox G550 on ebay at a super cheap price.
no doubt thay fell of the back of a truck.
they were $100 Aus instead of $300 aus.
I run a partition with games but i've heard that the matrox aint made for that.:rolleyes:

peter miller said:
thanks guys i'll look into it.
I actually saw the marox G550 on ebay at a super cheap price.
no doubt thay fell of the back of a truck.
they were $100 Aus instead of $300 aus.
I run a partition with games but i've heard that the matrox aint made for that.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I"ve got the G450 and it isn't the greatest for most of the newer super GL type games. Some games require that you disable the 2nd monitor to run. Anywho, good buy.

JR#97 said:
Yeah, I"ve got the G450 and it isn't the greatest for most of the newer super GL type games. Some games require that you disable the 2nd monitor to run. Anywho, good buy.

Yep, matrox is no game card, but rock solid for DAW use.

Avoid a PCI card since your audio is passing that bus too and they will fight for it.

Herwig

Back