Rummage Sale Find

mikeh

I just found an old (I think 1964) Kalamazoo amp at a rummage sale - I paid $75. Real nice "pure" tone with 5 watts into a 10" speaker.

Often people like to post about some find and/or bargain - so this is my post. I don't know if I got a bargain, but I think it was a cool find. Sometimes, I find some decent gear at rummage sales (you have to sort through a lot of crap - which is not a great way to spend a Saturday morning - but you can get lucky).

This is the 2nd "vintage" amp I've found at a rummage sale - the 1st one was an old (mid 60's) "Sears" 12 watt amp into an 8" speaker (in a tweed housing). The Sears has been one of my favorite recording amps - but this Kalamazoo may soon be #1.

Another forum I visit occasionally - a woodworking forum - also encourages "gloats." However, the unwritten rule is it's not official until you post a picture. So lets see this bad boy!

I'm such a dinosaur - I don't even have a digital camera, so a picture ain't happening at this time.

I guess that means I don't officially have this amp (which actually is consistant with the story I will use with the wife:D:D)

mikeh,

I drew it for you:

kzoo.jpg

OK, in all seriousness, nice score!

arcaxis - That is what it looks like (at the least the front). The pictures you provided have a different back panel layout.

BrentDomann - Your drawing was very close, it was almost as if you were in the same room with the amp:D:D

dragonworks - After I bought the amp I went online to do a little research, and I was surprised how many harmonica players praised this amp. I play a little harmonica, so I will most certainly give that a try.

andihix - I will try to get a sound clip posted in the near future. I've got so many recording projects/deadlines going on, I simply have to make a little time to post something (most on the time I visit this site is during down time on my day job....vs. posting from my home/studio).

Back