Royalty-Free AND Cost Free- anyone?

TheRockDoc

???

basically... FREE!

anyone got a line where to find/download them- legally of course- for production purposes- songs, loops, vamps, moods, etc. preferably Garageband and PT

Your help is much appreciated!

TRD

Thank you for the thread- there are some excellent finds there...

but I am in need of something specific- namely material that I can use for what amounts to film scoring, that I can use splice and dice that are royalty-free and I can either 'loan' or find online at no cost. I may have access to a studio for the project, but I am responsible for 'pre-production' and finding it before final edits/mixing

Any other ideas are much appreciated!

Thanks,

TRD

but I am in need of something specific- namely material that I can use for what amounts to film scoring, that I can use splice and dice that are royalty-free and I can either 'loan' or find online at no cost. I may have access to a studio for the project, but I am responsible for 'pre-production' and finding it before final edits/mixing
There's plenty of royalty-free material for film scoring out there, but I doubt you'll find anything worth using that you don't have to pay a one-time license cost for.

It's not very expensive. There are a few types of options out there that can range anywhere from $9 for a loop to $75 for a full song with full options, but most of the material with a standard royalty-free license is goingt o be in the $25-$40 range per song. For a hundred bucks or so you can have three full songs royalty-free that you can use for scoring. If your producer can't pony up a hundred bucks or two for a film score, I suggest you add a second producer to the project :rolleyes: .

G.

If your producer can't pony up a hundred bucks or two for a film score, I suggest you add a second producer to the project :rolleyes: .
Or find a different project. :D

Give us more, Doc. What exactly are you looking for... orchestral music? suspense accents? sound effects? all of the above?

How much material (time-wise) is needed? Is the music the star of the show, or are you looking for audio bed's?

Are you handy with a MIDI keyboard, with which you could play a few basic pieces?

I will have to give you more when I have more.. ;) and your assistances have been much appreciated.

basically, it is a four episode set. The producer, through my finding the bands/artists, is licensing them- essentially at no charge. They will be collaborating on the subsequent marketing. The bands/artists are already set at this point; the episodes are now overlapping editing with the final episode.

It is a start-up project- very well made and all high quality. Video is at 60 frames/sec rather than the usual 24, etc. etc. Not having much start-up capital, although it is being financed, is surely not uncommon.

I can make good use of even Garageband loops, but wanted to find some more material. Being that I am assisting them, rather than having much of a financial stake, it does not make sense for me to buy a bunch of stuff. I don't have an existing library.... So I had hoped to find standard commercial audio to make magic with.... as free as possible. I can cull through a bazillion clips and ask the producer to cough it up $$, but I have, at this point, neither the time or interest to build up any library...

so I turned to the boards I frequent, and some friends...

Back