Roxul SafeNSound vs. AFB answered.

Booda

Master of the Obvious
I made some Super chunk Corner Traps this last week and thought I'd share my experience w/ ROXUL for those who are trying to find info. on it.

First I got a bundle of the AFB (12 pc. 16"x 48" x 3" = 64SF, cost $40, it made 2 8' tall traps). 2 Lumber yards w/ in 3 miles had it. It was pretty spongy stuff and seemed kinda cheap. I then tried to find the difference of the AFB and Safe n Sound. Safe is more expensive :D I did read that the Safe does better at Low Hz so I tracked some down about 10 miles away... & I got it this time in 24"x48"x4" 9pc 72SF cost was $100. Since it was 4" and Not Spongy... 6 pieces (each one cut into 8 triangles) made the same amount as 12 pc. of the 16" AFB. So for Super Chunks it really isn't much more $$$ but WAY more dense and Durable feeling.

I think depending on what your doing each has it's advantage but the Safe IMO is much better stuff. The Safe is more expensive and a little harder to find, Much denser and rigid, stays together better after cutting, and Heavier.

For making corner Superchunk Traps I think the Safe is the way to go and also if your more concerned about Low Hz. For hanging a Cloud or side panels the AFB is so much lighter that might be better a better option.

I still have 3 Full panels of the Safe that I plan to wrap in fabric and use where and when as needed. BTW- they sold the SAFE in bags of 3 panels for $30

This post is a little bit dis jointed, hope it makes sense and if anyone has questions I'll try and answer them... & yes my room sounds Much better :D
Still have a few nodes to work out...

B.

Back