Router for Mac/PC workspace?

barefoot

barefootsound.com
I have the seemingly ubiquitous Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G router. The PC's are fine, but I'm having all kinds of problems getting a Mac notebook to connect to the internet. I can get it to connect to the wireless network, but it always says it cannot find an IP address when trying to get online. I've talked for hours with tech support for Linksys, Apple and my ISP. My patience has reached its limit.

Can anyone recommend a no hassle router that simply works in a secure mixed Mac/PC workspace?

Thomas

barefoot said:
I have the seemingly ubiquitous Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G router. The PC's are fine, but I'm having all kinds of problems getting a Mac notebook to connect to the internet. I can get it to connect to the wireless network, but it always says it cannot find an IP address when trying to get online. I've talked for hours with tech support for Linksys, Apple and my ISP. My patience has reached its limit.

Can anyone recommend a no hassle router that simply works in a secure mixed Mac/PC workspace?

That should "just work". How do you have the Linksys configured? By any chance did you forget to turn on NAT?

Back