Rotating drum stage.

bigdaddyd

Yeah, they are carpeting this as i type, couldnt help throwing a photo on this thread for the world to see..... picture quality stinks.... bad lighting. Ill do better tommorrow.

Attachments

• DSC00034.JPG
    DSC00034.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 101
Now, that's gonna rock...

unless they built it sturdy! :D

Will you gig with that? Seriously, that'll be cool for intimate clubs and parties. How heavy we talking?

Well, We have a full set of acoustic drums that Ive had for 5 years and that my son plays on now. We just purchased a set of elecronics with a rack, and after you see the pics later youll see there wasnt room to put them side by side. And being both a carpenter and a rush fan.....Instant rotating drum stage.

Ive got ideas to adress wires, cables, etc. The idea is to jam, and as my boys start to learn and desire to record, we will use the electronics (no mics, just plug in) As we get better, we can mic the acoustics if we want.

It would be a drag to play on the acoustic set and if you wanted to play the electronics to have to reset them up. so we spin the drums. who wants to face the wall when you play.

As far as gigging, itll be a while if we or they ever do. I did it when younger.

Hey, this is just a family hobby for starters. My building this for my sons is a gift of my hands. You cant buy things like this. They think its the coolest thing on earth. That helps me keep them motivated to want to play.

There are 24 rubber casters each rated at 250#, so that is sturdy, about every 12 inches the drum stage framing is glued to the floor- Rock solid! and the 8' round platform is 1 1/2" thick laminated plywood that has been glued and screwed. All four of us can stand on the edge(that hangs over 12" all the way around) and shes solid.

D

Yeah, they are carpeting this as i type, couldnt help throwing a photo on this thread for the world to see..... picture quality stinks.... bad lighting. Ill do better tommorrow.

hey do you have any video of that intesne machine in action?
id love to build one, i need some help
i have an acoustic kit and electric kit and i wanna do a neil peart style gig

Back