Rose in Paradise. A little country music.

Richard King

A LIVE recording of Rose in Paradise, a cover of the Waylon Jennings song performed by The Cheyenne Band. This was reorded live, outside, at Archie's Breezeway in Ft. Pierce, Florida on April 2, 2011. Across the street was the Atlantic Ocean. It was a great environment for hanging out for the afternoon and doing some recording. A good time was had by all. Comments welcome....

http://soundcloud.com/richard-king/rose-in-paradise-the-cheyenne

Whoooooooweeeeeee! Thar be some tunin' problems a brewin' in here! Pitty to have a live recording messed up by tuning and I think somebody missed the chord change as well :eek::eek:. Other than that, it was sounding pretty good for a live recording. You still got to have a good time :drunk::D

Yeoouuch! that guitar is soo grating, the tuning is OFF. Maximus is on the money here, the rest of it's pretty decent!

Out of tune is ok in country. ;) The thing that is driving me totally nuts is the sound at about 1:02 in the song. It sounds like a computer noise of some kind, but I haven't been able to figure out what it is. The band is only lead guitar (two amps), rhythm guitar, bass and drums. Maybe the drummer's cell phone? It seems to be mostly on the drum mics. Whatever it is it must have been fairly loud at the time to get picked up. Take a listen and see if you recognize the sound.

The singing is fine & the drums sound in the spot too but the tuning issue, regardless of genre, is a problem. I didn't get to the 1.02 because of the tuning. I have a fairly tin ear mind you - so it has to be fairly in my face to bother me.

Back