Room Treatment

JimmyofSND

I was thinking about testing my room before I treated it, but then I read a post saying in small rooms you might as well treat the entire thing. That is what i'm going to do, soon enough i'll have pictures to represent what i'm talking about, but for now I just have a few begining questions.

One wall is the outside wall of my house, im sure its brick, studs, insulation then wall so should I still treat that wall or leave it be?

I plan to build everything myself, what are some needs (absorbers, diffusers, hanging clouds, etc.)

I have a window on one wall (approx. 5 1/2x4 feet) would heavy drapes be fine or something else?

All parrellel walls but 2 of the corners won't be able to have bass traps, do I still build traps for the other 2 corners?

The door to the room is cheap and thin...Auralez foam the inside of the door?

Hanging clouds....Do I really need them, cause if I don't then I won't build them.

Difussers...need em or not?

I have concrete floors with tile on it, keep it or carpet it?

Just a few questions for the experts to answer...
Before answering take into consideration, i'm not trying to be professional about this, i don't want a shit load of absorbers 4 bass traps, 2 diffusers and 3 hanging clouds lol remember its a very small room so the last thing I want is shit hanging from every possible angle, I want to do some but I don't want to go all out, I figure any little bit will help.

I am no acoustic wizard but you might want to list room dimentions to start, and read until you hate your computer because there is tons of resources on this and other sites. IE: ethanwiner.com, johnlsayers.com, this should get you started on what will be a confusing and frustrating adventure :confused:

Back