Room mic out of time?

punkrocker

Hey guys so I just did a session yesterday where I had a room mic out about 12 feet in front of the drums. This is my first time using a room mic and it seems like it's a few milliseconds late compared to the overheads which can be especially heard during ride cymbal passages. How do I combat this? I was thinking I could just move the track a few samples left to fix this issue but I don't know if that would create phase problems. If I do just move it over what is the procedure for that? Line up visually with the OH tracks or just listen until they have no time discrepancies? Thanks :)

Well there's obviously gonna be a time difference. Just slide it to line up with the overheads or until you like the sound.

Well there's obviously gonna be a time difference. Just slide it to line up with the overheads or until you like the sound.
Yeah I knew there was going to be a time difference. I just wanted to make sure that sliding it over was the best thing to do and I wasn't making a noob mistake :D. thanks man

Back