room help

buckkillr8

David Gilmour's clone
Sorry I don't post here much, but I moved back into my old music room for now and I would like to know giving the room size and shape is there anything I can put up or do to improve the overall sound when I record my mic'd cab. I'm not looking to treat it but simply looking for any suggestions as to getting a better sound when I record.(I only record for the fun of it) thanks for any help.

I'm not used to being so cramped like I am in this room. :(

Attachments

• roomsize.JPG
    roomsize.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 104
This is what I'd do, and face your cab towards the 2 absorption panels at the back of the room.

The panels should be build with 4" rigid fiberglass, except the 1s in 1st reflection points which can be built with 2", like the attached pic.

Attachments

• buckkillr8.GIF
    buckkillr8.GIF
    3.6 KB · Views: 76
  • bass trap2.GIF
    bass trap2.GIF
    4 KB · Views: 71
buckkillr8 said:
Thanks. Currently this is how the gear section of the room is so far. Pardon the mess.

I'm not too sure I follow where your saying to place the panels. How high up on the wall? etc. I'm up for any room rearanging also.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/buckkillr8/DSCF0015.jpg
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/buckkillr8/DSCF0016.jpg
Emm, probably about a foot or so off the ground. I doubt it really matters too much, as long as the sound is absorbed. Maybe have the middle of the panel around ear height. Obviously the panels you face the amp towards will have to absorb the guitar, so maybe make the ones of the back wall detatchable, or just build a couple more "gobo" panels.

Btw guys, is gobo short for go about?

sorry to bring up a old thread, but I'm now moving my PC into the room as well since a new baby is coming and I'm not sure where the best place to place it would be. I'm currently thinking of placing it against the slanted wall in the above diagram. Any better place to but my desk?

He's got lots of pedals and a HiWatt :D

Forget about acoustics, just turn it up :eek:

The good advice has already been given.

yup, a bunch of hiwatt's and a Sound City. Also have two more cabs from the time those pics were taken.

Back