rolll back motherboard update

jmorris

ok,long story short.i need to undo the update to my motherboard. can i? intel say no, the tech at least. its an intel DG43NB. I just built th computer.Worked great.Went to update the motherboard bios from intel site and all went to shit. Upon startup windows lock up on status bar. Windows xp home.Thanks

If the Bios flashing went to shit and the Chip is toast you can probably buy a new Bios chip , most bois chips are socketed so they are easy to replace....

what kills me is this is the second time! first mobo i was on phone with tech people at intel, they walked me though mobo bios update,rebooted computer and then it locked up upon startup on progress bar.send board back to intel they sent me a refurb board,installed in compter all is good.went to update mobo bios again...same thing! WTF!

That's a pretty good reason not to flash the BIOS right there.
Unless it's a critical upgrade like adding quad core compatability and you're planning on adding a quad core there is no real reason to do it.

If the computer works fine as it is then flashing the BIOS is kinda redundant, the system won't work any better and there's always the chance that it won't work at all after you flash it.

always back up the previous BIOS version just in case

Oh and call me to come and lock the stable door after the horse has bolted :)

Back