roland sounds via triton

platinumcool

hello, i own a triton, i am interested in getting some roland sounds.

i am not educated on any roland gear, i.e., models etc. all i know is the fantom and xp30. however i dont need a sequencer unit because i use my triton.

im looking for either a rack or even a good keyboard that i can slave to my triton sequencing, whats a good choice for some classic roland sounds? im looking to spend around 200-600 bucks, probably used but new if possible, do they have good roland sample cds?

thanks for your input.

I just bought off ebay a roland 3080 sound module. It sounds really good to me. Pretty easy and straight forward to tweak patches. Comes with about 800 presets that are all good. Easy to find your way through it. I'm very pleased.

I've got a roland gp100 guitar processor that I've had for a long time. Rackmount deal. It is pretty powerful too.

okay, brzilian, im interested in this jv 2020, however, i noticed it advertises usb, well i do not use any sequencing software on my computer, i stricly use my korg triton on board sequencer, does it come with standard midi in/out. ive looked at several specs on www.musicfriend.com and they do not go into further detail on whether it uses standard midi, it just advertises usb.

im sure it does, but i need to double check before i go forking out 600 bucks, plus, how are the piano sounds?

really, for the triton, i do not like the piano sounds. sometimes i do and sometimes i dont, it depends on the mix. the organs are great, but the straight acoustic piano is a little tinny to me, ive tried editing, but i would like to work with a differant sample, plus i want to add to my library(some roland sounds), got any other suggestions?

thanks for your help and input.

The additional specs are right there on the link I posted. If you download the PDF file, it shows the MIDI ports on the back of the unit.

Roland's piano sounds are far superior to anything Korg has to offer. The XV has the "best of" as far as XP series waveforms go so it should have the Session SR-JV expansion board stereo gand piano waveforms as well as whatever piano samples/sounds the XV-88/3080/5080 and RS-5/9 have.

i didnt down load the pdf, so thanks. i think ive decided on xv2020. as far as reviews ive checked out the jv 1010 (similar type synth module) and i dont think its as good as the xv 2020 as far as quality of the samples 16mb on the 1010.

my questions is, both are relatively in the same price range, does this effect the quality of the xv 2020? im sorry, im at work and havent had the chance to check out all the specs and sample qualities. thanks for your input.

Back