Roland rs50 is this a great first synth?

Azathoth

Hi

I know a lot of people ask these kind of question...but an answer will be so helpfull to me.

First of all...I don't know how to play piano at all. (but I'm very motivated) I've been reading this place for a couples of month and I'll be buying myself an early christmas present this year.

I want to use it mainly for recording. I'm playing with a metal band (actually ...i'm the drummer) so what will be helpfull would be nice orchestral or ambiance movie score sound kind of stuff. A nice grand piano and nice clavinet, organ etc.

Ì like my sound to be percusive. I will play this instrument on a roland pm 3 amp (it's a V-drum amp) but it's supose to be good for synth. you can see a picture of them on me studio's website http://www.geocities.com/azathoth412/drum.htm

So that said. My budget can be extensible if it's for a really good improvement but i have ruffly 1000$ canadien for that. At this price I've seen the roland rs50 but it's a new keyboard and i can't find any review.

A few months ago a rs5 user told me he was not totally satisfy with the rs5 so i wonder...is the rs50 a real good improvement?

A lot of people seem's to like the triton. It's 1600$ canadien so it's a lot more. Is the sound really better or there is only more options?

I don't really understand sampler's and sequancers and all those things. I'll probably try to plug the thing in my mixer and record everything streat foward like that that.

So do you think the rs50 is a good choice? remember...I like heavy metal and a little bit of classic and pop so I don't need all the 80's drum machine beat or rap and hip hop stuff.

Help me make the right choice...pls!
Azathoth

Back