Roland RS track How to Render it .

Pastor Clyde

Hi there , I read some of the manual and Googled this tutorial Soundbytes - Reaper Midi Rendering Workshop on rendering Midi tracks. I think it is an old tutorial. I did download the player plug in but notice there is already one listed for the track . I used all channels setting . How do I Render this so that it plays ? It is great to have my foot in the door of Reaper. Thanks. PC

Do you have a VSTi inserted on the track as a plugin, or you trying to drive an external device? Rendering is done when using a VSTi - it then creates an audio track and after that Reaper automatically mutes your MIDI track.

Thank you very much , I can see Midi stuff is going to be a long journey . I got caught into the trap of working with the Roland though USB instead of through the Mbox. But by doing so I saw how the Midi Editor works in Reaper and I also have a Roland version. Kinda cool how Reaper talks to the external hardware. I noted that I had to set the the same RS patch to be able to play what I recorded on Reaper yesterday. All I can say is I appreciate the help and have spent most of the last two days reading and experimenting. I get more sucked in every time I go through the manual trying to figure things out and all of the sudden its late. :facepalm:

Back