Roland GR20 computer recording question

Taylor_214

Appreciation help on connecting the Roland GR20 guitar synth to my computer for recording. I currently have the output of the GR20 set to "line" level going into the front instrument jacks of the RNP preamp, the preamp then goes into my audiophile 2496 card. Is this correct or should i be connecting the Roland GR20 into audiophile 2496 card, bypassing the RNP?

thx

Taylor_214 said:
Appreciation help on connecting the Roland GR20 guitar synth to my computer for recording. I currently have the output of the GR20 set to "line" level going into the front instrument jacks of the RNP preamp, the preamp then goes into my audiophile 2496 card. Is this correct or should i be connecting the Roland GR20 into audiophile 2496 card, bypassing the RNP?

thx

You should be able to go directly from the GR20 to your Audiophile input, assuming it's a line input. The only thing the RNP would do is give you the ability to add some additional gain.

The RNP might also add a little color - hard to say - it's not going to hurt anything to try it both both ways and use the set up that sounds best.

Is the GR20 output stereo? Are you using a TRS cable?

Last edited:
Back