Roland GR-30 guitar Sinth midi setup

Claudio

Hi to everybody.
I have a GR-30 guitar sinth and i really would like to use it to play the guitar thru midi out port but i dont know how to configure the many midi options there are from the GR-30.
I only know that the sound from the guitar-GR-30 to my PC it´s bizarre,no "glissato",out of tune etc etc.
I use in polyfonic way .

Any ideas ? Any GR-30 users here ??

Thanks

Best regards

Claudio
P.S.
I searched almost everywhere in the web ,including Groups...but nothing about a clear and easy method for set up the midi config.

I've got the GR20. When you hook up the midi to the PC you are just recording the midi data. So the computer is either going to trigger an internal synth/virtual instrument or you have it routed out to your GR30 and you are hearing the same note twice with a little delay so it may sound funky. Or maybe your hearing the guitar and the computer synth which could also sound funky.

So monitor through your pedal and don't hook up the input cable.

If none of that makes sense, what are you recording with on the computer and how are you listening to it.

I've got the GR20. When you hook up the midi to the PC you are just recording the midi data. So the computer is either going to trigger an internal synth/virtual instrument or you have it routed out to your GR30 and you are hearing the same note twice with a little delay so it may sound funky. Or maybe your hearing the guitar and the computer synth which could also sound funky.

So monitor through your pedal and don't hook up the input cable.

If none of that makes sense, what are you recording with on the computer and how are you listening to it.

Thanks a lot for your answer.
The problem it´s basic....
I dont know how to set up the midi configuration from the GR-30 (midi ch.,bend range etc.etc.) to the pc sequencer.I get strange sound like the guitar it was out of tune.That´s my problem.
Any ideas ?
Regards,Claudio

Sorry, I'm not a big MIDI guy. I can tell you what I've done. I used Cubase 5 to record the MIDI. It was connected to a M-Audio Midi Sport. I just set up a MIDI track and selected record all inputs and it worked. I could the either route the midi back to the GR20 or apply it to another instrument. It really should be that easy.

Back