Roland GP-8 ....advice

Top Jimmy

Anyone here familar with this unit? I have a VF-1 that I use for direct recording, but im not all that thrilled with the way it sounds through my amp. Plus you have to go back and reset the unit to go from live to direct recording. I have seen a few Roland GP-8 rack mount processors with midi foot switches go pretty cheap on e-bay. Harmony Centrals user comments have given this thing great reviews. Anyone here have one? Had one? Heard one?

I realize my VF-1 has much more to offer then the GP-8, but I just want the GP-8 for live use only. Plus so far I can get it with the FC-100 foot controller for the same price as buying a good used FC-200 controller. I'm going to bid on it and if I dont like it ill sell the unit and keep the controller for the VF-1

I used to have a GP-8, picked it up for 125$ used and then sold it for 200. It was really very decent. The best description I can give of it..hmmm...imagine having every pedal boss had made in the late 80s, it has all those sounds. The thing I didn't like about it was that it had no tremolo. The compression was decent, the overdrive was quite nice, and it was very easy to program. I think witht the expression pedal it would be very nice.
MIKE

Thanks for the replies guys, I went to my friendly local music store yesterday and they have a used one there. So I took it home and got to play with it last night a lttle. First of all its very easy to use and I liked the distortion even at low volume(kids we sleeping). So I have to take it back next week if I dont want it.(nice thing about local music stores)I think im going to keep it though.

What was funny was, all the presets were still in the memory from the previous owner and he had these great names for his sounds like: "Naked Lunch, Rich After Dark and Sunny Day

Cool

Back