Roland Drums...prices??

nyaben

Going bonkers over having to "play" drums using my synth. keyboard. I made the mistake of playing a set of Roland V-Drums (pro version). These are awesome and would fit with my needing to keep quiet during recording much of the time (due to neighbors, sleeping kids, etc.).

I can't afford the pro level v-drums; however, how much are the trap and studio sets going for used? Also, do they sound anywhere near the v-drums that I mentioned?

Signed,

Desperate for drumsticks

nyaben,
I was in the *exact* same predicament several months ago... I loved the Roland drums, but HATED the prices.
Make no mistake, Roland equipment is waaaaay overpriced, period.
After lots of ressearch, this is what I did....
I bought the Yamaha DTXpress kit, added the optional PCY10 cymbal cup, and a Pintech "Silentech" dual-trigger mesh-head snare. I wanted a "natural" feel for my snare, and Pintech worked out great!
I've got over 60 drum kits programmed in right now, and I really LOVE this set-up!
Total cost, tax included: $1,210.00

That's about 1/3 the cost of the V-Pro kit ($3,500), and less than half the cost of the V-Custom kit ($2,700)... and it's just as versatile!
And stay away from the Roland Trap-kit, it's junk.

Pintech also makes entire kits that cost a fraction of what the Roland kits cost. Pintech is American made, and allows you to build your kit the way YOU like it.
Here's the link to check out what they offer....

http://www.edrums.com

The Yamaha/Pintech combo is going to give you the best "bang for your buck", though. Give it a good look and see what you think.

.... Buck

I didn't try Pintech, but Yamaha I have played. I couldn't find anything even close to the Roland V-Drums for the hi-hat. The rest of them, and I played just about everything else out there, was super weak. That's why I saved up for a whole year and paid way too much for the V-drums Pro. After playing a real kit, I never thought I would play electronic drums until I tried the Rolands. Buck is definitely right, stay away from the other Roland drum kits. I would stay away from the V-Drum Custom as well, considering it's not really that much more for the Pro set (considering you are already in the $3k range), and the Pro are WAY above the Custom.

Pintech sounds like the way to go, and then maybe try and add in the Roland hi-hat control pedal :D.

Just out of curiousity...

...i know the Clavia ddrums ruled the earth at one time (like ten years ago) but how do they compare with the other electronic drums today? Anybody knows?

Back