Roland A-37 midi controller ::

Badtz

has anyone happen to use the Roland A-37 midi controller and can give me some cons/pro's???

I'm trying to decide if this is the purchase I want, but can't dig up enough usable information about it :)

thanks for any help! :)

Hi,

If you are not decided yet....

I think the keyboard is great. Plastic on keys has a little grain that feels very confortable and the velocity and aftertouch is very playable.

The interfaces is ok except for + / - buttons that are hard and do not scroll when you keep the button depressed, you have to press several time...

I don't like the wheel/modulation joystick cause the modulation ( y axis ) has a very short course and is not very precise. I regret the old Korg Poly and DW joystick that was very soft and two real axis ( -y would trigger the VCF modulation ).

The 128 patches is more than enough for me, i end up using 3 or 4 configurations only.

The data entry slider is a bit of a gadget. You'd bettter add an Evolution UC-16 rack (it's cheap and has 16 knobs for tweaking sounds ).

The overall construction is robust and clean. That piece of equipement should outlive cheapest master keyboards...

Last pro, the Roland hold pedal (metal and plastic) that is indetended for it is very cheap compared to other brands (Yamaha and Korg ).

Back