Rode NTK, Soundblaster and some decent mixing skills

Thirst

hey yall hows it goin.. I been recording for about 2 years now, used to post here often got away from internet stuff but im pushing website now so Here I am haha..

www.soundclick.com/thirst1

now a shitty quality of "Ghetto" will start playing once u open the page the better quality version is on there too.. My setup is a Rode NTK tube mic, sonud blaster audigy sound card, event tr5 monitors, 3.6Ghz pent 4, 800Mghz FSB, 2 GB RAM, Ati 9800 pro video dual vga displayed, dual 250GB HD's and i think that should do it..

I dont have any booth, just a mic stand, shure pop filter placed in my apartment, room acoustics are horrible but i make do with what i have...

any comments feel free to post, Im doing very well with the release of this mixtape, Landed me alot of work with local and foreign producers now... Its my first major public release.. Also Im featured in the Top 10 on soundclicks charts.. Any opinions will be appreciated and replied too.. Thanks

Awesome song (ghetto). It has an awesome hook.
Very, very impressed. This song needs to be in the clubs. Catchy as hell.

A couple of criticisms: 1. it takes too long to get to the hook. 2. I'm not a big fan of the vocal delivery of the first rap verse. A little whiny sounding.

thanks alot fellas first rapper is me, cant be liked by everyone though, thanks for the crit fellaz, anyone else :)

I'd like to hear the voices panned more L & R for vocalists A and B. So you don't get the "three people yelling at the refrigerator" vocal track...

Nice work and mean hooks.

Back