Rode NTK discontinued?

tombuur

Was in neighboring Sweden this weekend and passed a music store. They had NTK at a price so low I had never seen before. Cheaper than the current price in Musician's Friend and others, and that despite the inclusion of Scandinavian sales taxes of 25% in the price. So having considered buying an NTK in US this Autumn anyway, there was really no need to wait. I simply bought it.

The guy in the shop said the reason for this low price was the model being discontinued. Is that true?

My wife being with me I had no time to go into details nor reconsider my purchase. Since a lot of people in this forum like the NTK, I just quickly decided to buy it. Haven't even tested it yet.

ok i looked a little further and saw that it was an actual store. i can understand physical stores looking for more business but i lose intrest really fast in doing "pricing re-con" when sites have that "due to manufacturer pricing conditions, you need to call us to find the price" i dont feel like wasting my phone minutes..sometimes you can get the price email but that takes a while also. impatience, thy name is distorted rumble

Rode has not said anything to us about the NTK being discontinued. Sounds like the store was discontinuing the mic.

War

The salesman told me they had just got 25 NTK's and now there
were 5 left. Then no more. They way US prices correlate with Scandinavian pricess (taxes, import cost, smaller sales etc.) I got it at a price that would correspond to the mike costing $280 in the US.

And there is a box too (my wife nicknamed it "the drill"). Seemingly they haven't sold it with the box all the time. However, the shock mount is still missing.

I think the New Rode KT is planned to take over as it is meant to be the same mic with a few imporvments....over here in the UK its £50 more than the NTK but comes with a shockmount and hard case, where the NTK does not ....

Im thinking of getting the KT, unless somthing esle pops up.

tombuur,

thats an awesome deal ! hope ya enjoy it......

distorted,

dude, an $110 difference, in this case, wouldnt be worth an email?

Flight 16 said:
I think the New Rode KT is planned to take over as it is meant to be the same mic with a few imporvments....over here in the UK its £50 more than the NTK but comes with a shockmount and hard case, where the NTK does not ....

Im thinking of getting the KT, unless somthing esle pops up.

Well I looked at the RODE website and there is no indication that the NTK is being discontinued. I also don't see a KT. Are you referring to the K2? From what I've heard it is basically an NTK with two capsules for multi patterns.

Blessings, Terry

still4given said:
Well I looked at the RODE website and there is no indication that the NTK is being discontinued. I also don't see a KT. Are you referring to the K2? From what I've heard it is basically an NTK with two capsules for multi patterns.

Blessings, Terry

Sorry yeah i meant the K2 :)

It just made sence to get it as i would have had to spend £40 or so on a shock mount ....the K2 comes with one...

both the NTK and K2 are meant to be Nueman quality, as they ship more Mics and can affored to knock the price down a little...this is what I have heard anyway.

You are right about the shockmount (annoys me a little), but there is a hardcase, the usual Rode I believe.

I have finally tried the mic, and I am not very impressed. The only other recording mic I own is an AT 4033 and without EQ it sounds better on my dull voice than the NTK. Removing a tad of the high treble on the NTK they become about equal. Then strangely with all mastering effects applied the NTK sound a little better than the 4033. Sits a little better in the mix. But the difference is small. Don't tell my wife, since I convinced her this was premium stuff.

http://www.andreassonmusik.se/

It's 3495 SEK. Looks like they still have some.

When I said "I got it at a price that would correspond to the mike costing $280 in the US." That is based on my experience that 1 dollar usually equals 10 Danish kroner when you buy music equipment because of import cost and our enormous sales tax. And I got the NTK for what was 2800 Danish kroner. Around here they sell it for 4000 Danish kroner! And they consider that special price.

Back